Do you need help to obtain durable medical equipment under workers compensation?
Valuecare Pharmacy is not a traditional durable medical equipment (DME) company. Some durable medical equipment companies provide patients with what they have on their shelf. Manufactures provide patients what they make. Valuecare Pharmacy’s Rehabilitation Consultants; including Rehab Technicians, RN’s, Therapists, and Certified Fitters, will work directly with patients and their caregivers to provide what they want and need. And we offer cost-effective pricing solutions.
From exercise bikes to advanced wound care devices, to ICU beds, to home modifications; Valuecare Pharmacy will access the patient’s needs and provide exactly the specialized durable medical equipment when and where they need it, anywhere in the United States.
Valuecare Pharmacy specializes in serving the unique needs of Worker’s Compensation patients, Case Managers, Adjusters, and the Cost Containment Networks that care for them.
Workers comp covers the following durable medical equipment (DME):
- Power Wheel Chairs
- Manual Wheel Chairs
- Custom Seating
- Vehicle Lifts
- Patient Lifts
Valuecare Pharmacy provides power and manual chairs for worker’s compensation customers of all ages, sizes, and needs. Our Certified Rehab Techs will work with your clinical team to evaluate and supply the right chair for you. Pride, Invacare, Sunrise, and Golden Technologies are some of the manufacturers we work with. Valuecare Pharmacy’s national presence allows us to provide these products at lower prices than our competitors but you will be serviced by your hometown team of technicians, clinicians, and customer service staff. Would a Scooter make your life easier? Valuecare Pharmacy provides all brands of scooters offering options like; compact units for easy transport, indoor/outdoor versatile units, outdoor rugged terrain units and large capacity units. We also provide vehicle lifts to transport your chair or scooter.
Valuecare Pharmacy can provide everything from comfortable, stylish seating and custom paint to environmental controls that allow the driver to control not only the chair but video games, their TV, lighting, and air-conditioning, to name a few. Custom chairs can be controlled by those with even severely limited dexterity by blinking, toe, or tongue movements. In conjunction with the clinical team working with the patient, Valuecare Pharmacy will dispatch a Certified Rehab Tech to design the ultimate chair for each customer.
Valuecare Pharmacy can provide voice recognition and switch controlled environmental controls that can empower a recipient to perform tasks for themselves.
- operate their hospital bed
- operate their telephone
- control the TV, stereo, DVD player, etc.
- open doors
- control the heating and air conditioning
- control their lighting
- Whirlpool Tubs
- Overhead Lifts/Track systems
- Whole house modifications
- Modular homes
- Pool Lifts
Move or improve? Valuecare Pharmacy can provide everything from ready-made ramps to whole house modification or new construction using only ADA compliant contractors. We will work with the resident to determine the right improvements for each family. Therapeutic aids such as pool lifts and whirlpool tubs can greatly improve the recovery and quality of life of our worker’s comp claimants. Bathroom modifications can ensure safe wheelchair access.
- Vehicle Lifts
(New and Pre-Owned Conversion Vans)
Valuecare Pharmacy provides vehicle lifts for scooters and wheelchairs of any type. We will install interior and exterior lifts by manufacturers such as Bruno and Harmar as well as driver controls and turning seat bases. If the claimant requires we can also supply a new or pre-owned conversion van, including lowered floor vans and trucks.
Injured Worker Questions:
- I need a durable medical equipment supplier to fill a prescription for treatment of a work injury. Where can I find a list of durable medical equipment suppliers in my local area? Valuecare Pharmacy will work directly with patients and their caregivers to provide what they want and need.
- I had to pay for some of the DME expenses out‐of‐pocket. What should I do? You should not have to pay out‐of‐pocket expenses for DME items. However, if you did pay, please contact your claims adjuster so that you can claim for these expenses.
- . I had to pay for some of the DME expenses out‐of‐pocket. A. The claims adjuster has not responded to my claim, OR B. Denied my claim for out‐of‐pocket expenses. What should I do? File an RFA‐1W (Request for Assistance) form. This RFA‐1W form can also be filed online. Once this form has been filed, a hearing to resolve non‐payment issues by a WC law judge will be scheduled.